Monday, May 12, 2014

The DA VS The Books: Bout of Books 10

Dear Josh,

Today is Monday, May 12th, and 1) I'm glad to hear that you, Spectacular Josh, had a wonderful time on your band trip 2) despite this knowledge, I'm taking my blogging day back and 3) I'm concerned as to what you're planning on getting me into.

What is this thing of which I speak?

Bout of Books

The Bout of Books Read-A-Thon. That is what this thing is.

As I have stated before, my track record for Read-A-Thons have gotten off to a shaky start. I wasn't really strict with the last Read-A-Thon (what with school and things), but you have asked me to participate and I will try my hardest and by bestest to do the thing this time.

Plus, friend Josh have our own, 24 hour Read-A-Thon on Saturday, so that should help.

What is the Bout of Books? Well, thanks to the official blurb they have on the website, I don't have to come up with a better way to explain this...

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 12th and runs through Sunday, May 18th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 10 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

 So yeah. I don't really know what my goals are for this. I guess one of my goals is to at least finish Allegiant, and maybe start and finish Eleanor and Park and The Book Thief. And then maybe I can pick up a few other books. I know I have a few Doctor Who and Supernatural books I need to read.

Okay, I might be getting ahead of myself.

The point is, this is my official entry post. I am participating in The Bout of Books, and I will not let you down.

Hopefully by tomorrow, the posts will start getting back to normal...if there was ever a normal pattern with this blog to begin with.

As always, my dear readers...and Josh,



Live Long and Prosper, and DFTBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment