Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Let's Pretend That This Is Something Important And Interesting

Dear Josh,

Today is Wednesday, May 14, and I was going to do a really cool and interesting post and stuff for today about books and shipping and all of that fun stuff.

Unfortunately, I waited too long, so I don't think I'm going to do that tonight.

Instead, I'm going to do a quick update on how the Bout of Books is going.

*shuffles papers* *dramatically clears throat* I...have not started yet.

It's okay, Dean. I'm not too proud of myself, either.
I know, I know! I'm sorry, okay? I've just been busy with homework and getting stuff done for classes that I've been putting it off.

It's just not good enough.
My plan is to get some reading in tonight, and hopefully read Allegiant enough to either a) finish it or b) get to a point where I can finish it in, like, thirty minutes to an hour.

After that, I'll move on to The Great Gatsby, because I checked it out from the library a while ago and I didn't read it when we were in class I need to hand it back in.

Then, before Friday, I'll check out Eleanor and Park and The Book Thief from the library (if they'll let me) and at least get through one, if not both, of those books by the end of the Bout of Books.

I also have Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck I have to read for class, so hopefully that will make up for my lack of participation in the Bout of Books.

I know, it's ambitious considering how well I've been doing recently, but I promise I will participate!!

It's just that these Read-A-Thons are falling at inconvenient times. Teachers (for some reason) find the need to pile on the work towards the end of the year, not to mention giant ass projects are due...and it's really hard to find time to do these things. I don't think Read-A-Thons are my motivation to read. Then again, I don't think that's fair to say, since I've never actually participated thoroughly in a Read-A-Thon. *shrugs* Maybe this time will be different.

I hope it is. Otherwise I will feel bad.

ANYWAY. I'M GOING TO GO BEFORE I MAKE EVERYONE SAD.

This was just kind of an update, I guess. Friday I'll do something worthwhile and interesting. I pwomise.

Until next time, kiddos.



Live Long and Prosper, and DFTBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment