Thursday, May 8, 2014

Eleanor and Park

Hello Brandi, today is May 8th, and I am having extreme emotions.

I know you already updated today and we were going to alternate and such whatnot, but I couldn't resist as to blog this because my heart hurts and I just can't. (Also, surprise!! 2 blogs in one day. From 2 people. I hope your little hearts can handle this craziness.)

Eleanor and Park, by Rainbow Rowell. This book. Let me tell you. I fell in love with all the characters, this was fantastically written. No character was portrayed as a "perfect" person. Each and every one had flaws, and that's what made this book amazing. This is not an everyday YA Romance book. I want everyone to read this.

The year is 1986. Walkmans and comic books were still cool. Not that they ever stopped. Or at least, I don't think so. Sex Pistols, The Smiths, Echo and the Bunnymen. The cool stuffs. Yeah. Park is just your average everyday high schooler, when one day some silly ginger shows up. Silly ginger. Thinking she can sit anywhere on a public school bus. God, what a weirdo. Who the hell does she think she is?

Park, being the good human he is, allows her to sit with him, while he just ignores her and goes back to reading his comics. This becomes a daily routine. Suddenly, Park is letting Eleanor borrow his comics and he is making her mix tapes, this book was just too damn cute. The adorabubbles were intoxicating. And it kept getting worse. I recommend this to anyone who is looking for a good read. It's only 325 pages, so it's not too much to tackle. If I can do it, you can too! But in all seriousness. Get out your lists, and put this on there. 10/10 would definitely reread.

But yeah. That was my day. Now it's time to actually read The Maze Runner and The Scorch Trails because those are on my TBR, and they've been on my list for long enough. I'll get started on that tonight, maybe tomorrow. I haven't really slept because books. Books. Consuming my life.... Well, not like I really had one anyways. Today's been a pretty good day, I just can't wait to start my next books. I bought three more online, Trapped by Michael Northrop, and The Shadows of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón, and Eon by Alison Goodman. Impatiently waiting, even thought I just ordered them. But yeah. This was fun.

Remember, play nice, share your toys, buckle your seat belts, don't drink and drive, don't drive with anyone who has been drinking, and don't do anything too illegal.

Stay awesome.

~Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment