Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The Book Thief

Hello Brandi, today is Wednesday, May seventh, and I done a thing.

I just recently finished Markus Zusak's The Book Thief, and let me tell you a thing. This man. Is amazing. This is one of my favorite books, it was ridiculously well written. I'm still trying to find time to watch the movie, but from what I hear it doesn't stray afar from the book.

The year is (roughly) 1939. Liesel Meminger is on a train. Where to you may ask? A train going to Molching, Germany. She has traveled across the country with only her mother and brother, just for Liesel to arrive at her new home with Hans and Rosa Hubberman. She makes few friends throughout her life, all in which have a somewhat similar interest.

Books.

10/10 would read again. I absolutely loved this book, if you ever get the opportunity, take some of your time and pick it up, because it is absolutely brilliant. I now have all of Zusak's books on my TBR list, I can't wait to read them. But first I need to get caught up on my list, I have priorities, I promise. 

The next read on my list is Eleanor And Park by Rainbow Rowell. I'll update as soon as I finish it, internet connection permitting. I have heard nothing but good things about this book, I just started it last night. Page 109 of 325. I'll probably finish it tonight. Maybe. Tonight or tomorrow night. Whatever.

Anyways, today was Wednesday. This is what I like to call hell. We're past the beginning of the week, but the end is just too far away. I can't wait for the weekend, I'll be in Kansas City for the Worlds Of Fun International Band Competition, come check us out. We're the South Hardin High School Band, not sure if anyone in that area actually reads this blog, but if you do, be there.

I've been putting off this week's readathon, I sincerely apologize. I'll try to get caught up on my TBR on the bus ride there, but I most likely won't read until the last hour of the ride. I'm attempting to earn my membership in the procrastiNATION. Next week, I have another readathon, and during that week I'll have a 24 hour readathon on Saturday. Busy busy busy. I'll try to keep updated this weekend, but The Lovely Brandi may be taking over for me, depending on what she is up to.

Well, that's it for today. 

Remember, play nice, share your toys, buckle your seat belts, don't drink and drive, don't drive with anyone who has been drinking, and don't do anything too illegal.

Until next time!

~Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment