Monday, May 19, 2014

Allegiant

Dear Josh,

Today is Monday, May 19, and I am going interrupt your blogging day by substituting a post of my own. You can having back when I'm through.

Why am I doing this, you ask?

Well, today I am going to post my first book review!! Huzzah!

Why am I posting this so early, you might ask again? (Jeez, you guys are nosey.) The answer, my darling readers (and Josh) is that I am sick at home. Not-so-much huzzah...

Anyways, as I mentioned yesterday I finally finished Allegiant. I managed to get most of it done before I graduation-open-house hopped with friends (and Josh). Then we went to see Captain America: The Winter Soldier (which I may post a review of on my other blog Live. Laugh. NERD!), and I got home around 10:30. Throughout this whole time, I was battling a sore throat which made my day not as fun as I would have liked it to have been. Finally, I managed to pick up the book again at 11:42 and finish it at 11:52...ish. Which isn't too bad, all things considered.

Now that the circumstances of me finishing the book are out of the way, time for the review.

I wouldn't say that this is the strongest book in the series. I was about halfway through when I put it down, and it was really hard for me to pick it back up again, and I (by some miracle) wasn't exposed to any other spoiler besides the fact that the ending would make me cry.

And that's the only spoiler I'm really going to expose you to, and I'm not going to write a synapsis because y'all need to read the first two books for this to make some sense.

When you first start reading, you find out that the book is written in alternating POV between Tris and Four, which is something I really liked about the novel. It was nice getting to see things from Four's perspective, and it's not too often you see something like that.

When I did manage to pick it up again, I don't think I was as into it as I was when I first started. And the hardest part for me as I was trying to finish it were the fact that Tris and Four were kind of making me mad, and by kind of I mean very much so. I think that was the most difficult thing to get past for me; the fact that the characters are really pretty bad at using their words.

It really started to pick up again at the ending, however, and I had almost cried when I read the part where *CENSORED FOR THE SPOILER*.

Almost.

So yeah, it wasn't the strongest in the trilogy, since it didn't really didn't keep my attention. However, at the same time, I think it was one of the strongest in the trilogy in the sense that it's unlike anything I've seen before. The alternating point of view and the way the book ended was something that you really don't see in a lot of book series nowadays, and it was actually fun to read...all things considered.

I think I would give it a 8.5/10 would recommend.

I think that's all I have to say on the matter without spoiling anything.

Friend Josh, I hope you don't mind me posting on your day. You can have it back now.

As always, my lovely readers (and Josh),



Live Long and Prosper, and DFTBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment