Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Good Morning Internet/TTTC

6:21 AM

Good Morning Brandi,

Today is august twentieth, and I finally started another book.

Not by free will, but the thought counts, right?

Yesterday, my American Lit class started and we were assigned a book that has been on my list for quite a while, ((as you can see, I don't go in the chronological order that I worked so hard to put in order for no apparent reason)) and I am truly thrilled to read this book.

The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien.

I haven't got too far in this book, but I already love how it is written, though, I have been warned that the writing style completely changes. So, we'll see how this pans out.

What truly amazes me is that the first chapter was simply a short story, and it won a freaking Pulitzer Prise.

That's just. Freaking. Nuts. And I believe it too, looking at the details that were so carefully written in.

I am ecstatic to finish this book, and I plan to do so sometime in the near future. 9/10 would continue reading. The tenth got into a misfortunate........ accident.


Well, it's now 6:35, and I have to be leaving soon. So. Be good.

My little soldiers, I hope you shall be brave in my absence. Mommy will be home soon.

I love you guys. Stay cool.

~ Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment