Monday, August 18, 2014

So Let it Begin/Ender's Game

Hello Brandi,

Today is August eighteenth, and a few things have happened since we last spoke.

9:18 AM

A) I have done a fuckton of reading
B) I reorganised my bookshelf
C) I haven't been able to talk to my matesprit human for a week and a half OnO
D) School started, and I'm currently sitting in a meeting, slacking off.



3:52 PM

Well. That was fun.

I've found The Fault in Our Stars online, so I might be gone for a while, crying.


10:59 PM

I'm back, and doing stuff as always. It's been a hella long day guys. I'll try to get the Lovely Brandi to post tomorrow, if not, then I can always post, even though my entries are dull and missing humour. I should really go to bed. I'm exhausted. I should just start doing book things now.

And the thing is doing the not lining up thing again. I need to learn how to do this. Anyways. I finished up Orson Scott Card's Ender's Game.

Let's talk about it.

I was slightly frustrated at how Ender's character was portrayed, because he was simply a nine year old boy, yet had an extraordinarily advanced thought process, as well as Val, Peter, and any of the other adolescent figures in this book. While that is only a small detail, I was getting hung up on how Ender hated himself and his life so much, and honestly, I was quite depressed reading this, because he's nine. Nine year olds aren't supposed to hate their lives, their supposed to hate vegetables. I really did like the idea of this book, I will have to complete the series. The ending confused me a bit, I'm going to have to go over it again.

Eight out of ten would read again. 

Anyways. It's getting late, and it's a school night. I need sleep.

My little soldiers, I hope you shall be brave in my absence. Mommy will be home soon.

I love you guys. Stay cool.

Goodnight,
~ Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment