Sunday, January 4, 2015

Prodigy/The Program/TPOBAWF/New Years/Extremely Long Post Titles

Hey guys!

Recently, I read Marie Lu's Prodigy. I personally felt like this was brilliantly written. As a sequel to Legend, I can confidently say that Lu did not disappoint. In this book, June and Day go through major character developments as they carry on through the story line.

For those who have not read Legend, I would definitely recommend it. It is very strongly written, and the series is brilliant so far. If The Hunger Games or Divergent caught your attention, then this would be the next series that is a must read. I'm sorry for not expanding more on the review of Prodigy but chances are that if I say anything I will spoil both Prodigy and Legend in the same blog post, and we can't have that, now can we? Goodreads review can be found here. Purchase from Amazon here.

I also started Suzanne Young's The Program yesterday. I also finished it yesterday. To summarise, The Program is another dystopian book. Suicide in teenagers has become a national epidemic, and the only known cure is The Program. The only problem with The Program is, whoever goes in isn't the same when they come out. Their memories have been erased, to start a new life. Find out more by reading it. I would definitely recommend. Read the Goodreads review here. Purchase from Amazon here.

In addition to the other books I have started/finished, I have also started Stephen Chbosky's The Perks of Being a Wallflower. I am only fifteen pages in and the writing style is very similar to John Green's. Definitely would recommend. I can tell this book will tear at my heartstrings. Goodreads here. Amazon here.

So I'm sure you all are wondering why I have suddenly started posting and reading a ton. I have a very simple answer. New year, new me!


Okay, okay! Jesus. Calm yourselves. I kind of wanted to punch myself in the throat after saying that too. As you are all aware ((or should be, anyways)) 2015 is amongst us. And with each new year, there has to be resolutions. Some are destined to fail, while others are easily succeeded. My ((obtainable)) resolutions are to post here more, and read a lot more books. Keep up with me here or my Goodreads account, which I believe is posted to the right. Anyways, I have books to read and books to review.

Stay hella. Until next time,

~Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment