Friday, December 26, 2014

Merry ((LATE)) Christmas!

Hey guys!

Sorry about posting late, I figured that everyone was spending time with their families, as was I, hence the absence of an update. As far as book-type things, I received two brand new books, the Doctor Who OFFICIAL Quiz Book ((snazzy, right?)) and from the Lovely Brandi I received my very own copy of Paper Towns. I also was gifted with Lindsey Stirling's Shatter Me album. Best thing I've listened to in ages. I spent a lot of time with my grandparents yesterday. I went to nana's house and baked for about five hours, and somewhere in those five hours I managed to start a new book!

The book I am currently reading is Prodigy by Marie Lu, the second book in the Legend trilogy. Legend last summer, and thoroughly enjoyed this. It has been a very easy read so far, I am hoping to have it finished either today or tomorrow. This is a dystopian series, in this book it is in a way similar to the Hunger Games trilogy yet there are more differences than there are similarities. Since I feel I may explode and blurt out spoilers, I thought I would give you Goodreads' perspective on the book. You can find the link to the Goodreads page for this book here.
I read

"Injured and on the run, it has been seven days since June and Day barely escaped Los Angeles and the Republic with their lives. Day is believed dead having lost his own brother to an execution squad who thought they were assassinating him. June is now the Republic's most wanted traitor. Desperate for help, they turn to the Patriots - a vigilante rebel group sworn to bring down the Republic. But can they trust them or have they unwittingly become pawns in the most terrifying of political games?"

It's been far too long since we've heard anything from our audience. What were your favorite parts of the holiday season? Any thoughts on how un-Christmasy things felt this year? Book recommendations? Anything? Let us know you're alive out there.

Anyways. I have some farm-type chores to be doing, and a family christmas to attend soon, so this is where I leave you. Remember what I said about commenting. Play nice with the other children.

Until next time,

~ Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment