Monday, January 5, 2015

BoutofBooks 12.0 TBR Lineup

Hey guys!

As many of you know, Bout of Books 12.0 is happening THIS WEEK!!!!!! Deadline for signup is on Wednesday, so go get yourselves registered!

In the previous post I mentioned how I was going to be combining Bout of Books 12.0 and the first Year-A-Thon challenge this week. My lineup consists of books that I currently own, and I plan on reading a few more standalone books after these are finished.

Firstly, I would like to read F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby. Though this book is required reading for my American Lit/Comp class, I would like to finish it sometime today.

Secondly, we have Lexicon, by Max Barry. This has been sitting on my TBR pile for a while. I tried reading this once, but I was very confused, though that was probably my own fault. It seems interesting enough. "They recruited Emily Ruff from the streets. They said it's because she's good with words. They'll live to regret it. They say Wil Parke survived something he shouldn't have. But he doesn't remember. Now they're after him and he doesn't know who. There's a word, they say. A word that kills. And they want it back..." I'm definitely hoping I can get into this book.

Lastly ((for books that I own anyways)) I have Pictures of Hollis Woods by Patricia Reilly Giff. I read this many many moons ago, and I thought it would be a great quick read. It's only one hundred sixty six pages, so I think I can tackle that either today or tomorrow.

I may also be reading an A.R.C. of friend Megan's book, A Real Monster.

I want feedback. What is your lineup for Bout of Books? Any questions about this read-a-thon, or any others? Leave recommendations, questions, etc. in the comments below!

Until next time,

~Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment