Wednesday, September 16, 2015

College And Other Important Yet Semi-Tedious Stuff



Heeeeeeeey everyone. I know it's been a while...some would say too long, but I guess this is another I'm-not-dead-I-swear post.

So recently I've started college, and as you know, I don't get to see your bright, beautiful face everyday. And although that makes me sad, I'm kind of glad that I don't have to go back to high school.

To be honest, high school was incredibly stressful and it took its toll on me. I was constantly tired and depressed and it was just an overall bad time. The only thing that made going to school worthwhile was seeing my friends and the handful of teachers and staff that I was pretty close to. It was emotionally draining, and I hated it. I could never get around to reading anything, either, because at the end of the school day I wanted nothing more than to sleep for the next week and a half.

But being in college has sparked the want to learn again. And most importantly, I've gained my love of literature back (fucking finally). I was so excited to start my World Lit class this semester, and everything we've "read" in that class has reminded me why I love literature in the first place. There's this sort of...romantic yet ancient feeling I get whenever I go into that classroom. It's just so lovely, and college is so great.

Buuut anyway, enough about that.

I've also been writing a lot on my writing blog, and taking requests and stuff, but the thing I wanted to tell you was that I'VE STARTED READING AGAIN. FUCK YAAAS.

Recently I've started reading Eon by Alison Goodman, and let me tell you...it is really good so far. I would give you a brief synopsis, but I'll save it for the review when I'm done.

So yeah. College. Writing. Reading. That's what I've been up to recently. There has been more stuff kind of in between that, but that's for another day...and probably another blog.

I'll promise I try not to make myself a stranger on here anymore, and I'll attempt to be much more active. 

As always,


Live Long and Prosper, and DFTBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment